Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing

To: Michael Best <mbest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:04:37 -0600 (CST)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Well, this was a big, not backwards-compatible change for the acl package,
and it's a lot easier to say "you need version 2.0 or greater" than to
say "you need version number 1.1.5-2 or greater."

But at the end of the day, they're just version numbers.  If we called it
vABC-1.0.2-2002-Mar-21-prerelease-1a, it'd still be the same code.  :)

-Eric