xfs and acl > inherit permissions (acl)

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: xfs and acl > inherit permissions (acl)
From: "Hugo Lafargue" <secure@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:29:55 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a linux with a 2.4.14 xfs patched kernel.
ACL are working as it should do I guess...

but i have an issue with files created by root logged in a console (this is
an example...)

here is the acl of the directory /home/hugo

$ getfacl /home/hugo
#file: /home/hugo
#owner: hugo
#group: admins
user::rwx
user:paul:r-x
user:hugo:rwx
group::r-x
group:admins:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

if i understand correctly how acl works,
- the user 'hugo' as Read-Write-Execute rights,
- the user 'paul' as Read-Execute rights,
- members of the 'admins' group have Read-Write-Execute rights,
- access to this directory is forbidden for other users
Am I right or wrong ? tell me...

well, if I create a test file with 'touch /home/hugo/test' :
$ getfacl /home/hugo/test
# file: test
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rw-
group::r--
other::r--

Argh ! I would like the file to inherit its default permissions, and the acl
from the parent directory !
is it possible ?? if yes, could you explain me how to do such a thing ?

Thanks.

Hugo.