Re: force_shutdown experienced

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: force_shutdown experienced
From: Robert Sander <robert.sander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:47:12 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 07:39:38AM -0600, Stephen Lord wrote:
> Well, two things happened to you - the forced shutdown, and the bug
> which Ralf Bergs
> mentioned. That bug was fixed on Jan 17th - a current cvs kernel should
> get you around
> that one. The bug caused the superblock to get overwritten after forced
> shutdown.

I have heard (or better read) of the bug, but did not correlate the two.

> Note if you get the new kernel and you use ACLs you need new user space
> utilities to go with the kernel.

Or I compile the compatability layer into the kernel. How is that
working?

> I would unmount the filesystem and run xfs_check on it to verify it is
> clean, but repair should have handled everything.

Yes, filesystem looks good.

> I do not think we will be able to determine the cause of the memory
> corruption from the information we have here.

I wish I could. The machine is a Dell PowerEdge 2550 with an onboard
Perc 3/Di (the famous aacraid) and an external HW-RAID box connected via
normal Adaptec SCSI controller.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander