any help in restoring my filesystems

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: any help in restoring my filesystems
From: Glow Nair <zanchu_glow@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:10:32 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi :)

I have SGI XFS installed on my computers here;
and for some reason, I've had two of my machines
just stop booting (a bit of a coincidence). Both
of them are on UPS, so i'd suspect that I did
something wrong or that the machines got badly
hacked into.

I'd appreciate *any* help that I could get. Is there
some kind of link that tells me the various steps
to go through for restoring my filesystems?
(Eric.. thanks for helping me out)

This of course assumes that my computer didnt
get hacked into.. :) and no one deleted all my
files, partitions and everything..:)

Here are the error messages I get. (i just typed
these in)
================
Partition check:
sda: sda1 sda2 < sda4 sda6 sda7 sda8>
(scsi0:0:8:0) Synchronous at 80.0 Mbyte/sec, offset
30.
SCSI device sdb: 1796240 512-byte hdwr sectors (9173
MB)
sdb: sdb1 sdb2 < sdb5 sdb6 sdb7 sdb8 sdb9>
Start mounting fileseystem: sd(8,17)
XDS: WARNING: recovery required on readonly filesystem
XFS: write access will be enabled during mount.
Starting XFS recovery on filesystem: sd(8,17) (dev:
8/17)
Ending XFS recovery on filesystem: sd(8,17) (dev:
8/17)
VFS: Mounted root (xfs filesystem) readonly
Trying to unmount old root... okay
Freeing unused kernel memory: 240K freed
Warning: unable to open an intial console
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option
to kernel