Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing

To: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing
From: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Mar 2002 05:32:14 -0800
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 23:51, Simon Matter wrote:

> How can we convince RedHat to XFS enable their distribution?
> There must be a way, suggestions.

Naah. The right question is: "how can we convince Linus to include XFS
in the mainstream kernel?"

And the answer is quite simple: you guys are all using XFS, right? I
guess most of you know that it works just perfect on busy servers, under
high system load.
Well, go to lkml (Linux Kernel Mailing List), send a nice message
explaining how stable is XFS in production, and asking for inclusion.
If a reasonable amount of people will do that on the list, it's bound to
get included.

It's not just Red Hat, it's Linux. ;-)

--
Florin Andrei

"Sorry judge, we would like to publish the file formats, but the data is
not stored in files. It is stored in a database that is an indivisible
part of the operating system." - a potential future Microsoft excuse