Re: New VFS quota (was Re: 2.4.19-pre1-ac1 + XFS + 2.4.18-pre3-quota pat

To: Shawn Starr <spstarr@xxxxxxxx>, Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New VFS quota (was Re: 2.4.19-pre1-ac1 + XFS + 2.4.18-pre3-quota patch)
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:17:16 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 07:55:44PM -0500, Shawn Starr wrote:

> Perhaps a CONFIG option if some people don't want to use it?
>
> CONFIG_NEW_VFS_QUOTA ?
>
> Shawn.

The config option would be CONFIG_QUOTA if people don't want to use it,
currently anyway (ie. use new format or no VFS quota at all).

Jan is working on new patches which allow both the new and the old quota
formats to co-exist in the same kernel, they seem to be quite far along
(bit not quite finished) so maybe we will go straight to those patches,
maybe not.  I've sent Jan some private mail - we'll discuss it and see
what would be best if we do proceed down this path.

cheers.

--
Nathan