Re: 2.4.19-pre1-ac1 + XFS + 2.4.18-pre3-quota patch

To: Shawn Starr <spstarr@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.19-pre1-ac1 + XFS + 2.4.18-pre3-quota patch
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:35:53 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 07:25:03PM -0500, Shawn Starr wrote:

> I'm going to try to build again using the newer quota patch that was
> mentioned on lkml today.
>
> Shawn.

The files you sent me last night looked OK.  I'm not sure what the
failure to mount root was caused by... did you recompile everything
from scratch?  (do you have eg. root filesystem as a module, and not
recompile that? - since struct superblock changed, this might be one
possible explanation).  Not too likely though, I guess, so I'm not
sure what your problem was.

Maybe we will end up inserting the new VFS quota code into our tree
directly, then you needn't worry about this.

cheers for now.

--
Nathan