Was: untitled. Now: 2.4.18 update details

To: "XFS: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Was: untitled. Now: 2.4.18 update details
From: "D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:17:35 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Since this release is different than other releases (it requires
different tools), I'd like to ask what the recommended update procedure
is? Imagine we have multiple booting with older kernels as well, and we
want to make both old kernel and this new kernel remain bootable...at
least until it has had time to be tested...what would be the way to go
about this and not end up with an unmanageable machine should the tool
update and new kernel not go in exactly as expected?

D. Stimits, stimits@xxxxxxxxxx