xfs_bmap & XML patch

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs_bmap & XML patch
From: monkeyiq <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:22:00 +1000
Cc: monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
  With this little change one can use
$ ./xfs_bmap -x ~/tmp/holes
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<extentlist>
    <extent id="0" type="hole" blocks="192" file-offset-start="0"
file-offset-end="191"  >
</extent>
    <extent id="1" blocks="8" file-offset-start="192" file-offset-end="199"
allocation-group="2" allocation-offset-start="236328"
allocation-offset-end="236335" >
</extent>
</extentlist>

So they can use XSLT to provide a Gtk+/HTML extent viewer
quite simply.

I'll probably play with some stuff for a nice extent viewer interface too
soon.

I was trying to abstract out the code doing
 i = ioctl(fd, XFS_IOC_GETBMAPX, map);
but ran into the old problem of no exceptions in C. I have worked around
such problems in the past though it makes the code more complex than a
dump msg and exit() solution. I'll think more about a getExtents()
function in the next days and see if I can find an elegant solution to
it.

http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/