Re: kernel panic (corruption of task struct)

Subject: Re: kernel panic (corruption of task struct)
From: Thomas Duffy <tduffy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Feb 2002 19:52:50 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 11:45, Stephen Lord wrote:
> Stack overflow looks likely here. I don't know of any in xfs, but xfs in
> combination
> with other things might cause problems. We had one case in LVM
> snapshotting where
> LVM was putting large chunks of stuff on the stack. That code should not
> be in your
> kernel though, unless you added it.

This is a stock xfs kernel rpm 1.0.2 from sgi.  No recompile, no addons
-- we are not using lvm on this machine, anyways.  Any suggestions on
how to figure out what is going on here?  Cause this is on a critical
machine and having it go down every few days is not good...

If it goes down again, is there anything I can do in kdb to help narrow
down where this is happening?

Thanks!

-tduffy