Re: Preallocation and Ferris

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Preallocation and Ferris
From: monkeyiq <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:13:24 +1000
Cc: monkeyiq <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, monkeyiq wrote:
>
> > How "experimental" is the real time file support? I am wondering
> > if there are other sweet xfs features that I should make available
> > in ferris :) The interface to make preallocated files uses the
>
> It's still not well tested on Linux... I'll check in a fix soon for a
> fairly serious bug in RT - if you open an RT file and write to it without
> O_DIRECT, it writes to the main data device, not the RT device.  Not so
> good.  I'm trying to do more thorough testing in the next few days.

Ok, so it deserves the experimental tag then ;)

> > BTW what is the mood on acceptance of a patch for xfs_bmap to have
> > an --xml option to dump the same info from -v as an XML 1.0 document?
> > this would make it nice and easy to make an extent viewer as either
> > a gtk+ app or a php4 app.
>
> Sounds interesting to me.  Do you have such a patch?

not yet, I usually ask if there is much/any interest in patches to
other folks code before I create the patch. I don't like maintaining
forks of code so I generally like to know interest prior to the coding ;)
I'll be at LCA for the next 4 days starting tommorow, so it might be a
week before I send the patch. What version of xfs_bmap is best for
patching against? cvs?

http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/