Re: XFS with md device on RAID5

To: Adrian Head <ahead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS with md device on RAID5
From: Ingo Juergensmann <ij@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 01:17:58 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:09:27AM +1000, Adrian Head wrote:

> > Steve Lord talked about this and for memory had a solution quite some time
> > ago.  I tihink it was in the 1st half of last year - have a search through
> > the mail archives.  It was not an easy procedure if I remember correctly.
> Here are the details on moving an internal log to the external log as per
> Steve's email early last year.
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=99535721116479&w=2

Ah, thx... but as far as I understood this, this is only practiciable with
partitions other than / 'cos unmounting is demanded - which of course
interfere with being /-device within all of the others dirs like /bin,
/home, /sbin and such... ;)

But thx for the link :))

--
Ciao...                    // PowerAnimator & Maya Operator
      Ingo               \X/  To boldly design where noone designed before!