RE: oops umounting full LVM snapshots

To: "Stephenson, Dale" <dstephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: oops umounting full LVM snapshots
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Feb 2002 12:28:43 -0600
Cc: "'Keith Owens'" <kaos@xxxxxxx>, "'linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dale - a quick try at reproducing this here was unsuccessful.  This
is what I did:

Create volume group & logical volume:

vgcreate volgroup /dev/sda2 /dev/sda3
lvcreate -L 100M -n logicalvol volgroup

mkfs and mount it:

mkfs.xfs -f /dev/volgroup/logicalvol
mount /dev/volgroup/logicalvol /mnt/lvm/logicalvol

Make a couple snapshots and mount them:

lvcreate --size 16m --snapshot --name snap1 /dev/volgroup/logicalvol
lvcreate --size 16m --snapshot --name snap2 /dev/volgroup/logicalvol
mount -o nouuid,ro,norecovery /dev/volgroup/snap1 /mnt/lvm/snap1
mount -o nouuid,ro,norecovery /dev/volgroup/snap2 /mnt/lvm/snap2

Overflow the snapshots:

cp -vaR /usr/src/linux-2.4.9-13SGI_XFS_1.0.2/ .

Unmount the snapshots:

umount /mnt/lvm/snap1/
umount /mnt/lvm/snap2/

I got no I/O errors or oopses...  This is with a fresh CVS checkout from
today.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.