Re: Preallocation and Ferris

To: monkeyiq <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Preallocation and Ferris
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:56:03 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> BTW what is the mood on acceptance of a patch for xfs_bmap to have
> an --xml option to dump the same info from -v as an XML 1.0 document?
> this would make it nice and easy to make an extent viewer as either
> a gtk+ app or a php4 app.

Would this introduce a new dependency on libxml?  If so,
it shouldn't be added into the xfsprogs xfs_bmap - I'd
suggest making a new program based on xfs_bmap.c (its only
~400 lines or so), add the new code in there, and distribute
that separately.

We have always tried to keep xfsprogs' dependencies to the
bare minimum, so that people can avoid installing software
they don't necessarily want.

cheers.

--
Nathan