Re: Preallocation and Ferris

To: monkeyiq <monkeyiq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Preallocation and Ferris
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:24:45 -0600 (CST)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, monkeyiq wrote:

> How "experimental" is the real time file support? I am wondering
> if there are other sweet xfs features that I should make available
> in ferris :) The interface to make preallocated files uses the

It's still not well tested on Linux... I'll check in a fix soon for a
fairly serious bug in RT - if you open an RT file and write to it without
O_DIRECT, it writes to the main data device, not the RT device.  Not so
good.  I'm trying to do more thorough testing in the next few days.

> BTW what is the mood on acceptance of a patch for xfs_bmap to have
> an --xml option to dump the same info from -v as an XML 1.0 document?
> this would make it nice and easy to make an extent viewer as either
> a gtk+ app or a php4 app.

Sounds interesting to me.  Do you have such a patch?

-Eric