Re: [NEWS] Extended attributes interface changes

To: stimits@xxxxxxxxxx, "XFS: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [NEWS] Extended attributes interface changes
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:20:27 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 16:08 31-1-2002 -0700, D. Stimits wrote:
Do I read this correctly, it appears that only tools and kernels change,
current XFS filesystems themselves will remain unchanged for this
purpose, and fully compatible with newer tools and kernels?

The on-disk format will not change. Doing so would break Irix compatibility.

I don't think it will ever change, if it does it won't be called XFS but perhaps XFSv2 :-)

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.