Re: Ks.cfg and XFS

Subject: Re: Ks.cfg and XFS
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:06:22 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Tony Vickers wrote:

> I had to reinstall the build system. So I used SGI's XFS installer along
> with RH 7.2's disc #1,#2. So Yes I do have the full XFS stuff. As far as
> coping the XFS CD-ROM files last how can you make sure this happens?

How to make sure?  Just copy the files off the XFS cd last.  I
don't know what kind of setup you have for your kickstart source - is it a
network source, or are you using local CDs, or...?

> looked at the Rev number on the XFS files and they are newer. So if I were

It's not the RPM files that matter so much as the install run-time files.
You can have extra RPMs lying around, as long as you have the xfs
installer bits, it will use the right RPMs.

> to assume that the system is smart to use the latest file would I be right?
> Is it also possible that I got by chance a ISO file when I downloaded it
> from SGI?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

> This is off topic, but, is there a doc on how to make the same type of BOOT
> CD that SGI uses?

Not really.  We had to dig around in the anaconda source to figure it out.
There was a thread on the red hat kickstart-list a while ago that might
help, if you check the archives.

-Eric

p.s. the reiser folks had an easier time of it since reiserfs support is
already in the kernel...