Excellent job SGI

Subject: Excellent job SGI
From: henka <henka@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:39:20 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have to congratulate SGI on a bloody excellent product.  XFS has
really delivered (and saved data on two occasions already - and that
after only 3 weeks of use) as expected.

We considered using reiserfs, but decided against it after doing
searches at google.com to see what the 'hit-rate' was regarding
problems, stability, etc.  We have nothing against reiserfs per se (if
we didn't have XFS as a choice, it would have been reiserfs by default),
but XFS has been around for some time and is in use world-wide (and we
had experience with it on SGI servers).

We look forward to the day when it's an integral part of the kernel and
not a seperate patch.

Brilliant job and thanks for contributing it to open source.

Henry Combrinck
www.metroweb.co.za