Re: Mandrake 8.1 exhibits xfs/nfs umask problem

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mandrake 8.1 exhibits xfs/nfs umask problem
From: Shiv Sikand <sikand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:11:06 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
What I discovered last night is that there is no default ACL set. When a default acl is set, everything works ok.

What I am trying to understand is the change in behaviour between our original setup and the Mandrake 8.1 setup.

In both setups, there is no default ACL set, yet only the systems running 8.1 exhibit the umask 022 problem when exporting an xfs file system with nfs.

Newly created files do not appear to exhibit the problem - only newly created directories.

Thanks,
Shiv

Christian, Chip wrote:

This sounds like it could, maybe, possibly, be related to what I
encountered some time back.  Bottom line is that the permission
bits of a newly created file are a logical and of the default acl
of the containing directory and the bits passed to creat.  Do you
have a default acl set on the directory involved, and does it have the bits masked off that you see as missing?

        -Chip