RE: New Kernel RPMs

To: Matthijs van der Klip <matthijs.van.der.klip@xxxxxx>, "'Steve Lord'" <lord@xxxxxxx>, Matthijs van der Klip <matthijs.van.der.klip@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: New Kernel RPMs
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:00:30 +0100
Cc: "'Eric Sandeen'" <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 16:44 24-1-2002 +0100, Matthijs van der Klip wrote:
> The tricky part with all of this is we probably should to fold in the
> appropriate xfs fixes from the cvs tree, there are a lot of them since
> these rpms were spun.

But then it wouldn't be an 'official' release (1.0.2) anymore, would it?

Then why not call it 1.0.3
The only part that needs to be exchanged would be the kernel on the install disk and may-be xfsprogs.

The installer uses 2.4.7 anyway so the installer would not be lost.
Although wrapping all this up would still mean a significant amount of time.

By the way, what is the exact problem this kernel is supposed to fix?

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.