Re: New Kernel RPMs

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Kernel RPMs
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:18:26 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen schrieb:

> Hm, still 2.4.9!  The update might not be too difficult, I'll take

It's more like 2.4.9+++++++

> a look sometime soon.

I'm currently compiling the 7.1 RPM but got some problems. Some patches
like nfs-lockd are now included in stock RH and I removed them from the
spec. I have also modified the .config files.
Now while compiling I got an error related to kdb. It was complaining
that it tried to apply a patch which was already applied. I have removed
the kdb patch an try (and error) again. One thing I saw is that RedHat
has enabled to build debug kernel while you disabled this in the spec.
Was it causing problems?

-Simon