Re: XFSdump / shell scripting

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFSdump / shell scripting
From: "Steve Wolfe" <nw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:10:43 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Various replies....

> xfsdump moved in later packages, the fact that yours is in /usr/sbin
> suggests it is rather dated. You might benefit from a newer version.

  Thanks for the tip. : )

> seems like a path issue at runtime. Does your .bash_profile have pathing
> that differs from /etc/profile?

  I would have thought that, except I'm calling it with a fully qualified
path, I'm not depending on $PATH - and I explicitly set $PATH to include
the directory where xfsdump is located, just in case.

> Try it without the quotes (``) around $CMD, or use:
> eval "$CMD"
> instead.

  Will do.  I'll report tomorrow after it runs.

> you need to start your script with #!/bin/sh as the very first line.

  Yes, I am, I had just omitted that and other stuff that doesn't affect
the performance, and probably wouldn't interest anybody. ; )

 Thanks again to all for the replies.

steve