Re: Large file I/O error

To: Martin Josefsson <gandalf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Large file I/O error
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 14:15:24 -0600
Cc: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, Wessel Dankers <wsl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 14:09, Martin Josefsson wrote:
> xfs_repair also complained about other files which were ok before the
> forced shutdown, and after the shutdown and running xfs_repair they became
> corrupt. I don't know if this is an possible XFS problem or something
> caused by the interrupt problems. Those files were written some time
> before and were possible read from when the forced shutdown occured.

The problem we have found would probably only affect the superblock.
Delalloc buffer heads have bh->b_blocknr==0, (since no disk block has
yet been assigned) but we were incorrectly clearing the delay flag at
one point after the filesystem shutdown, and so all delalloc buffers
were lining up to clobber block zero...

I'll check in a fix for this shortly.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.