Re: Partition un(mount|repairable)

To: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Partition un(mount|repairable)
From: "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:07:47 +0100
Cc: "Stephen Lord" <lord@xxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:18:58 -0600, Stephen Lord wrote:

> o The directory corruption which Ralf Bergs has been fighting turns out
>to be hardware,
>    they reproduced corruption under ext2

Yup, unfortunately I must confirm this. It turned out that the RAID itself
delivers corrupt data, and that it's not a filesystem issue. We've already
ordered a new cable to make sure it's not a cabling issue. As soon as we have
working hardware we will have another go at migrating to XFS.

Thanks to Steve, Eric, and the others for their great work and support.

--
Verkaufe Original-BMW-Raeder:                    L I N U X       .~.
http://adsl-bergs.rz.rwth-aachen.de/~rabe       The  Choice      /V\