Re: Anyone know what this error means?

To: "Adam McKenna" <adam-dated-1010968404.3db79f@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Anyone know what this error means?
From: "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 07:59:49 +0100
Cc: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:33:23 -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:

[...]
>adam@braindb:~$ sudo mkfs.xfs -f /dev/sda9
>mkfs.xfs: warning - cannot set blocksize on block device /dev/sda9: Invalid
>argument

Are you by chance using an "obsolete" version of mkfs.xfs?

[...]
>The same thing happens if I try ext2:
[...]
>File size limit exceeded

I'm not so sure that you have the same error here -- anyway, I can tell you
anything about THIS message...

--
Verkaufe Original-BMW-Raeder:                    L I N U X       .~.
http://adsl-bergs.rz.rwth-aachen.de/~rabe       The  Choice      /V\