Re: "No such file or directory" (still) (was Re: file corruption during

To: Dan Hollis <goemon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "No such file or directory" (still) (was Re: file corruption during emacs build on XFS logical volume
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Jan 2002 14:02:50 -0600
Cc: "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 14:00, Dan Hollis wrote:
> On 8 Jan 2002, Steve Lord wrote:
> > > I get it too.
> > Can you expand on that a little - you are seeing the same problem as
> > Ralf?
>
> Yes. Directories that give "No such file or directory" when you ls. For
> example, in /etc:
>
> # ls /etc
> ls: /etc/cron.weekly: No such file or directory
> ls: /etc/shadow-: No such file or directory
> adjtime       hosts.allow     makedev.d        pwdb.conf       skel
> bashrc        hosts.deny      man.config       qpage.cf        snmp
> cron.d        hotplug         mime.types       rc              ssh
>
> > Can you provide hardware details, what it was you were doing, the
> > exact output you see, and do you still have a filesystem in this
> > state?
>
> AMD K6/400, on a VIA MVP3 chipset. No raid, not even software raid.
>
> I also have a dual athlon system running rh7.2 and xfs, without any
> apparent corruption.

Hmm, I suspect it is not the same problem - but let me guess, this is
the system where you cannot run xfs_repair since there is no other
disk, or device present?

Could you try what Ralf did, run xfs_db -r on the device (will work
on a mounted fs). Then run the blockget -n command - this appears to
do some consistency checks.

Steve