Re: GRUB + LVM + XFS?

To: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GRUB + LVM + XFS?
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Jan 2002 12:39:43 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 12:14, Austin Gonyou wrote:
> Is it possible to boot a LVM XFS root with GRUB?

I think lvm root will require an initial ram disk to construct the
volumes - configuration comes from user space right? Grub reads from
the filesystem directly, and I do not know if it can deal with anything
other than a basic partition to read data from. You would have to have
the boot partition be non-lvm I think.

Steve