SAMBA 2.2.2 AND XFS QUOTA SUPPORT

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SAMBA 2.2.2 AND XFS QUOTA SUPPORT
From: "Fabrizio Celli" <fabrizio.celli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:12:04 -0100 (NFT)
Cc: nathans@xxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everybody,

testing the Nathan's "experimental" patch we got samba working on a xfs
filesystem with quota enabled,
Our configuration is:
RH 7.2 with SGI custom kernel 2.4.9-13
samba 2.2.2 with the xfs quota patch

The only problem we encountered (by now) is that from a win2k client, when
we access the smb share with quota on, the win2k file manager show us the
whole size of the filesystem instead of the soft limit size.
Naturally we can't write more than the hard limit but it's not nice for our
customers to think of having 100Gb of free space and get the message "DISK FULL"

Using an ext3 filesystem everything seem working (if we don't consider that
we can't call it a journaled filesystem).
We don't know if it's a samba xfs quota implementation problem or not.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you all