Re: Memory Issues with 2.4.14-xfs

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Memory Issues with 2.4.14-xfs
From: Robert Sander <ml-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:41:59 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:54:14 +0000 (UTC),
 Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I cannot speak for people running athlon processors with DRI in the
> kernel, looks like there is definitely a memory corruption issue on that
> configuration which has the potential for having eaten a couple of
> filesystems.

This could be the AMD Athlon CPU bug recently "discovered". Adding
"mem=nopentium" to the kernel commandline should help.
See also http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/24/1910227

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG