Memory Issues with 2.4.14-xfs

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Memory Issues with 2.4.14-xfs
From: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24 Jan 2002 13:41:00 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having some pretty bad issues with memory being put into cache, and
then not being released. This is causing me to have lots of networking
problems because my eepro100 keeps having issues and reporting "no
resources". When I get on the system locally, I can see that there is a
large amount of swap in use, and almost all of the 8GB of ram I have is
in cache.

My DBA's have been setting up an oracle instance on that server, but
they're running into problems because cached ram isn't being released.

I seem to recall something about this being fixed, but I don't remember
what kernel version, etc. Could someone lend a suggestion or two? I'd
like to use 2.4.17, but I'm kind of put-off with all the data corruption
issues I've seen on the list lately. Is 2.4.17 ok to use with the
patches on oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/downloads/patches?
--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA

Latin Proverb