Re: XFS is innocent - was: vmware+XFS+duron+viakt133 - works?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS is innocent - was: vmware+XFS+duron+viakt133 - works?
From: Olaf Frączyk <olaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:24:28 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 2002.01.10 18:30:51 +0100 Olaf Frączyk wrote:
Hi,
I have installed clean RH7.2 on one free partition on my machine. Removed RH gcc, installed compat-egcs, compiled new kernel (2.4.17) with xfs (using the same sources as previous) and ... no problems.
So I moved kernel, modules to my working system, and ... it works.
Oops,
Sorry, I was too fast. The problems were probably masked out by decrease of memory used by VMware for guest OS. The more memory is used, then faster it crashes.

So I still don't know if it is XFS related or not. I can't switch system down today, to get clean 2.4.17 kernel, so I'll make some test at Saturday (tomorrow).
The problems I have are similar to those described by: Brian C. Huffman in message "2.4.17-xfs w/ VMWare" from 10 Jan 2002.

Regards,

Olaf Fraczyk