Re: "No such file or directory" (still) (was Re: file corruption during

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "No such file or directory" (still) (was Re: file corruption during emacs build on XFS logical volume
From: Dan Hollis <goemon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:00:17 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 8 Jan 2002, Steve Lord wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 13:11, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > I sure hope so -- because I'm getting the same error message!
> > I get it too.
> Can you expand on that a little - you are seeing the same problem as
> Ralf?

Yes. Directories that give "No such file or directory" when you ls. For
example, in /etc:

# ls /etc
ls: /etc/cron.weekly: No such file or directory
ls: /etc/shadow-: No such file or directory
adjtime       hosts.allow     makedev.d        pwdb.conf       skel
bashrc        hosts.deny      man.config       qpage.cf        snmp
cron.d        hotplug         mime.types       rc              ssh

> Can you provide hardware details, what it was you were doing, the
> exact output you see, and do you still have a filesystem in this
> state?

AMD K6/400, on a VIA MVP3 chipset. No raid, not even software raid.

I also have a dual athlon system running rh7.2 and xfs, without any
apparent corruption.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]