Re: 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2 upgrade issues again.

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2 upgrade issues again.
From: "Nathan J . Mehl" <memory@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 15:04:47 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, tmay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
In the immortal words of Eric Sandeen (sandeen@xxxxxxx):

> I'll try to put together an 'updates' disk we can use to get more
> debugging information from the installer, but it'll have to wait a few
> days... Christmastime and all that.  :)

Heh, no worries -- I'm about 16 hours away from jumping on an
airplane, and the 1.0.1 install is rock-stable, so I'm not in any
hurry to get this done.

> I assume both hda1 and hda5 are xfs partitions?

Yeah, this is an all-xfs system, built from the ground up on the 1.0.1
installer and RH7.1.  (And then hand-updated to 2.4.5 in a desperate
attempt to keep the system from Oopsing two out of every three boots;
damn VIA chipsets...)

> Also, if you can send me the exact error message you received, and
> info about when you received it, I'll have a better idea of where to
> put debugging bits.

Time to break out the pen and pencil.  One moment, por favor...

-n

"Television is going to change the world; it's got everything you need:
sight, sound, motion and stupid white men."             (--Nolanda Hill)