RE: compilers

To: Igor Lautar <igor.lautar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: compilers
From: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 Dec 2001 14:50:20 -0600
Cc: "'Christian, Chip'" <chip_christian@xxxxxx>, "Linux XFS \(E-mail\)" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
This is not true. RH 7.1 gcc is not broke(as in can't compile code that
runs), but there was an update to it which fixed certain issues. You
definitely CAN compile kernels with that default gcc though that will
boot. Will you have problems? ymmv. The best course of action is to
either get gcc3, or update your current gcc from updates.redhat.com.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
Horace Mann, address at Antioch College, 1859