SGI 1200 and the scsi/apic problem

Subject: SGI 1200 and the scsi/apic problem
From: Matthijs van der Klip <matthijs.van.der.klip@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:09:48 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Several months ago I had trouble getting Release 1.0.1 to work on an SGI
1200 machine. I found several references to broken firmware of the Intel
440GX motherboard and a fix telling me to boot the kernel with the
parameter 'apic'.

Now this trick doesn't seem to work with release 1.0.2a. I get lots of
scsi timeouts and can't get it to boot properly on an 1200. Does anyone
have any ideas? Is the 'apic' parameter uninplemented in this new kernel?
Am I convicted to use an older kernel?

Best regards,

--
Matthijs van der Klip - Unix Administrator
NOS - Dutch Public Broadcasting Organisation