Re: [OT] I recompiled my kernel...

To: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OT] I recompiled my kernel...
From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:15:26 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thursday, November 22, 2001, 12:27:07 AM, Austin Gonyou wrote:

AG> Now my networking won't work properly with RH 7.2. I can "ifconfig eth0
AG> xx.xx.xx.xx" just fine, but there is a program called usernetctl which
AG> is used by ifup and it won't start because it says it "cannot send dump
AG> request: Connection refused." What the hell is this and what is this
AG> dump request. This is the first time I've ever seen this message. Any
AG> help is appreciated.

oh well, you haven't read the RELEASE-NOTES (on cd1). :)

   - The initscripts now use /sbin/ip (from the iproute packages) for most
     operations. /sbin/ip requires the netlink and netlink routing features
     of the kernel to function properly; it is impossible to make use of
     the kernel's full routing functionality without these features. If you
     are building your own kernel, make sure that CONFIG_NETLINK and
     CONFIG_RTNETLINK are enabled.

ciao -ap

--
Andreas Piesk a.piesk@xxxxxxx
PGP-Fingerprint: 23CB A7E2 2E53 373C  DBCD 8EFC 7777 61C1