Q: Filesystem block sizes available?

Subject: Q: Filesystem block sizes available?
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:41:31 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

What block sizes are available on XFS filesystems? I've seen the note
'Filesystem block size' on the features list, and it says it's limited to
the page size on the given architecture (eg .4k on ia64).

I'm running a lab at Compaq in Oslo now, and some guy at storage told me
4k's a waste, and that the SCSI drives wanted 256kB data blocks to really
speed it all up. Could XFS help me out? I need REALLY HIGH-SPEED access to
the drives.... Software or hardware RAID - I don't care... I just need the
speed.

Thanks a lot.

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, MCSE, MCNE, CLS, LCA

Computers are like air conditioners.