Re: XFS+Tux = patch trouble

To: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS+Tux = patch trouble
From: "Sean Elble" <S_Elble@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:05:40 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Whoa . . . I didn't realize that the patch was only 48k. But does that
include all the XFS "dependences", like the Page Buffer code, etc.? I would
imagine that it does, but just checking . . .  If that is indeed the case,
why no response from Linus? Maybe each one of the XFS Mailing List members
should "remind" him about what a great file system we have over here. :-)
And if Linus doesn't accept it, try Alan Cox, or any other Linux developer
who often sees his/her changes merged in to the Linus tree . . . with any
luck, maybe Linus will "miss" XFS. There are quite a few changes with XFS,
but they are stable, that's for sure. Hell, considering the level of testing
on recent kernels (2.4.14's loop.c problem, for example), Linux/XFS kernels
are probably _more_ stable than any Linus kernel, especially with the fact
that SGI tests released kernels! Anyway, enough ranting . . . back to work.
:-)

Sean P. Elble
Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
http://www.reactivelinux.com/
elbles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx