Re: Adaptec dpt_i2o SCSI raid card

To: William Ey <will@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adaptec dpt_i2o SCSI raid card
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:58:26 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi William -

Are you talking about the XFS/RH installer CD, I assume?  If you have a
driver disk, you probably have modules which were compiled for a
different kernel version - i.e. Red Hat's kernel, not the XFS-enabled
kernel.  (Also probably the original RH 2.4.7 kernel; ours is now at
2.4.9).

The modules from your driver disk probably aren't even loaded - this is
why you don't have the devices available.  You can check with "lsmod" on
virtual console #2 during the install.

There's no _particularly_ easy way around this, I'm afraid.  Doug
Ledford has a driver disk development kit on his web site at redhat.com,
that would be the place to start.
http://people.redhat.com/dledford/

-Eric