Re: NVidia & XFS

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NVidia & XFS
From: Alp ATICI <atici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:10:05 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> I've got a GeForce2 and use 1541 with no issues. I do exactly what you
> described, and I always use a vanilla kernel + XFS patch.

I'm using RedHat 7.1 with XFS 1.0.1 from the iso's provided. Only thing
differs is that I have a gcc 3.0. Do you think it might be sth about
Red Hat kernel or installation of gcc?

> I think you might need to ensure that you've properly rebuilt your NV
> modules and there are no symbol errors. Also, I've had issues
> where the RPMs didn't overwrite my old module for some reason and I had to
> install using --replacepkgs.

I read the nvidia README thoroughly and stuck to that. About the symbol
errors, someone else proposed the same. I didn't think there might be an
error in those because I didn't modify anything after I installed the
iso images and then the gcc (since 7.1 gcc was buggy).

> NVIDIA_kernel and GLX packages, and then redo the XF86Config and
> XF86Config-4 files.

Could someone attach these to me in private? I did everything in
README but I want to double check. Thanks,
Alp