Re: Problems with lvm with SGI-XFS release 1.0.2

To: Alf Wachsmann <alfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problems with lvm with SGI-XFS release 1.0.2
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Nov 2001 19:40:33 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

Alf> I had the same problems and found on LVM bugzilla some entries
Alf> about this.  All suggested workarounds did not work for me (the
Alf> problem is that newer gcc's optimize code in a wrong way).

Alf> I ended up getting the 1.0.1rc4 source code and compile it with
Alf> "kgcc" (i.e. an older gcc). This solved the problem for me.

Argh!

I compiled lvm-tools with the wrong spec file.  I had already fixed
this issue in the lvm-1.0.1rc4 config.  Unfortunately it seems I used
1.0rc4.spec for the release RPMS (Note the missing .1).

New RPMs out:

        http://oss.sgi.com/~mkp/lvm-tools-1.0.1rc4-2.i386.rpm
        http://oss.sgi.com/~mkp/lvm-tools-1.0.1rc4-2.src.rpm

I'm sure Eric will find a better home for them tomorrow...

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/