Q..

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Q..
From: "Juer Lee" <Juer.Lee@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:23:38 -0000
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Guys,

This Q-A is got from
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html#backingupxfs. But how to make
xfsdump work with amanda? I want to backup ACLs. Canany gurus answer me,
thanks in advance.

Q: How can I backup an XFS filesystem and acls?
You can backup a XFS filesystem with utilities like xfsdump and standard
tar for standard files. If you want to backup acls you will need to use
xfsdump. This is the only tool at the moment that supports backing up of
acls. Support for XFS and acls is underway at several commercial backup
tools. xfsdump can be made to work with amanda.

Juer