It assumes xfs release 1.0 will be used in our product ( I definitely need the
old release for redhat7.1 kernel 2.4.2, no other choice). You must have done a
lot of testing before announcing the release. I am planning the testing for xfs
in product environment. I have some questions about xfs testing. See below:
1. What does xfstests cover? I only see xfscrash and some other test cases,
such as fsstress. Does it cover all the functionality and stress testing? I
So what else you used for testing of the specific features for journaling file
system as well as a basic file system functionality. Such as reliable fault
recovery, scalibility (large file sizes, large partitions, large number of
2. Did you do reliability testing? What test cases used for it? Where can I get
3. What suggestions you can give me on my testing? Such as what kind of testing
is my focus? is functional testing ( basic file system functionlity +
journaling funtionality) necessary? Or do I just focus on performance and
reliabilty testing or something else?
4. Is xfs release 1.0 work with LVM?
5. Do you have Regression Test System(RTS) test suite, I know it from XFS Linux
Quality Assurance page. Where can I get them?
6. Is there any major problem with xfs release 1.0?