Re: XFS and preemptive kernel patch

To: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and preemptive kernel patch
From: Anuradha Ratnaweera <anuradha@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:45:54 +0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 12:37:26PM +0800, Federico Sevilla III wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 at 10:27, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
>
> > Do you mean XFS code can be preemptible at _kernel_ space?
>
> I'm not sure, either. As far as I remember the XFS code (kernel space) was
> modified to be preemptible. Exactly what gets preempted is beyond me. I hope
> the XFS gurus can help us out with this (maybe this is worth a FAQ entry,
> Seth?). :)

When I recently raised the question of XFS not being in the mainstream kernel,
it was told that it is touching too much kernel internals, some of which are
2.5 stuff.  May be this is one... Any clue?

Regards,

Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.13)

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot.
        -- Oliver Elphick