Re: Where is the xfs patch for kernel 2.4.2?

To: "Xie, May" <may.xie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Where is the xfs patch for kernel 2.4.2?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:20:43 -0500
Cc: "'linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi May -

Unfortunately, 2.4.2 was so long ago, the only patch you will find is
from the XFS 1.0 release at
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.0/patches/

However, there have been many bugs fixed & features added to XFS since
then, so I would hesitate to use that release for production use...

For obvious reasons, I'm afraid that we cannot continue to support
_every_ kernel since 2.4.0 with the latest XFS...

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.