Re: GRUB in RedHat 7.2 xfs

To: Stuart Luppescu <s-luppescu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GRUB in RedHat 7.2 xfs
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Oct 2001 10:22:09 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "Stuart" == Stuart Luppescu <s-luppescu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Stuart> I remember hearing something about GRUB not being xfs aware,
Stuart> or something like that. Are we limited to LILO, or will the
Stuart> XFS RedHat 7.2 installer properly handle GRUB? Just a little
Stuart> curiousity.

Answer is that I don't know yet.

There is an XFS patch for grub available.  Whether it is included in
the Red Hat shipped version I don't know.  It's on my list of things
to investigate.  For the time being, however, grub is disabled in the
XFS installer.

If anyone feels like checking the grub source RPM and/or send me a
patch I can roll in, feel free.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/