Linux page cache doubt

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Linux page cache doubt
From: Arun Ramakrishnan <ramakria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:26:33 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,
I recently read that all fs codes actually do I/O to and from the pagecache and then the dirty pages are synced to the disk later using the bdflush daemon.This approach has some performance problems when I/O is done thru write calls rather than mmap. I was just curious whether this path was modified when XFS was written ( ie how cud such a approach even work in case of jounalled file system when log operations are needed bfore the data gets written out). I am kinda newbie into kernel hacking and so i am sorry if my question sounds dumb.
Cheers,
Arun.

--
Arun Ramakrishnan Graduate Research Assistant / Sys Admin
Linux Cluster I/O Lab

Ph : (614)-294-5523 (H)
    (614)-292-4634 (O)