Re: Updated mkinitrd RPMs

To: Seung-young Oh <so1713@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Updated mkinitrd RPMs
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:53:13 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Seung-young Oh schrieb:

> Simon Matter wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Since Redhat has released new mkinitrd packages, I have updated my 'XFS
> > installer enabled' version. It should work with root on softraid with
> > devfs enabled (was default with the 1.0 installer). This is something
> > the redhat initrd is not able to do.
> > Find it here:
> >
> > http://home.datacomm.ch/simix/XFS/
> >
> > BTW, sorry, I was not able to test it! Will do it tonight.
> >
> > -Simon
> >

> Hello,
>
> Do I need to update the mkbootdisk and install the jftpgw as well?

jftpgw has nothing to do in the XFS dir. Removed it.

mkbootdisk is a modified version which will let you create
'overformatted' boot floppies. You may need this because XFS bootdisks
won't fit on a standard 1.4M floppy. To create a bootdisk do something
like mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd01722 2.4.xxx

Simon