Re: Samba 2.2.2 and XFS quotas

To: nathans@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Samba 2.2.2 and XFS quotas
From: John Trostel <jtrostel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:21:44 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

I took a quick look at the patch today. There seem to be some reasonably large changes between quota.c in 2.2.1a & 2.2.2. I'll probably be able to work a bit at it but will likely be asking about for helpful hints.

Nathan Scott wrote:
Sylvestre Taburet and I are working on updates to samba-2.2.2 for
Mandrake 8.1. Since Mandrake 8.1 shipped with XFS, we would like to keep
working  samba/XFS/quotas.

Excellent.  This really needs someone with a vested interest
to follow it up and push the changes to the Samba folk.

In the package of samba-2.2.1a, we applied
the patch by Nathan Scott:
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=100002981924172&w=2).

Caveat - I have had one report that this patch does not work.
As I said originally, it is a patch which shows the sort of
changes that are needed, but it is untested as I know very
little about Samba & how to go about testing this.

We have forwarded the patch to samba developers, but they would prefer a
patch against current CVS tag SAMBA_2_2.

It will need to be tested and fixed first, by the sound of it.

... Snip...
Thanks for pushing this - if some other developer out there can
take a shot at fixing the original patch, I could certainly look
over their new patch and cross-check the XFS quota side of things
for them.
John M. Trostel
jtrostel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mail from my Visor - cool !