Re: RedHat 7.2 has 2.4.9 Kernel as update

To: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RedHat 7.2 has 2.4.9 Kernel as update
From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:25:34 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Simon Matter wrote:
> Okay, RedHat 7.2 is officially released today. Now if we only could
> upgrade our 7.1-XFS machines... I know we will do it soon.

I do "live" updates of minor RedHat version changes all the time
using RPM.  In fact, I _prefer_ to do this for my production servers
and critical workstations.

Grab the 2.4.7 XFS pre-release and install it alongside the RedHat
7.2 RPMs manually.

BTW, H. J. Lu just reported over on the NFS list that RedHat's 2.4.9
kernel update just _failed_ the NFS connect-a-thon tests.  So you
might want to stick with 2.4.7 anyway.  ;-PPP

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith    mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx   chat:thebs413
Engineer  AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.  http://www.linux-wlan.org